Sunday 21 October 2018

Making Art a business

It has been a while...
Should be the start of all my posts, but here's the thing, I can only speak the truth: I am a solo worker. It takes me tremendous efforts to remember to blog, remember to post on social media, remember to keep it personal, and even harder is to talk about myself and what I'm up to.
And that is all part and parcel of making Art a business.
So as other people must drive themselves to work and maybe sit behind a desk, I must give myself some drive and sit myself behind the desk for some reflection on what will I write next. What will I announce next? And what if nothing particularly interesting happened that week, what if I've been bogged down in commissions with nothing I can show the world?
So for the past year, I have worked on making social media a habit, leaving this blog aside for a bit. But here I am to pick it up again and give it my all.
Making Art a business is no mean feat. One must accept that there is thousands of artists out there.
For me, instead of being discouraging, I get great inspiration from the journey other artists have been on and where they are now. And observing them is part of the process in determining where I want to be.
It is hard work, this business thing, hours spent on paperwork, research, account, hours spent not painting!!! But between all of that, things are getting clearer and directions are appearing to me little by little...
To be continued
www.jessicabaronartist.com
www.facebook.com/jessicabaronartist
www.instagram.com/jessicabaronartist


No comments:

Post a Comment