Sunday 7 February 2016

The once-a-year diary

Oh dear, yes let's hear it, it has been a shameful 8 months+ since my last entry. Apologies, personal life has got in the way and it will probably happen again, but hey, let's enjoy the moment where I remembered I had a blog without making me feel too guilty.

Still a wanna be artist, yes, still excellent at procrastination, absolutely!
At the end of 2015 I was faced with a dilemma that tormented me (ok that might be a slight exaggeration, I don't torment easily), let's just say that I flirted with the idea of going solo. And what I mean by that is I contemplated the possibility of leaving behind the part-time work and putting all I have into the Art business.
I pondered for some months, I did, especially being between contracts, it would have been an easy transition (but I'm sure a rough ride) It is only a couple of weeks ago that, having a job offer I couldn't refuse, thinking of my young children still not in full time school, and also being a bit chicken Maybe!.. Well, I chose the status quo. Suits me for now. I know the same dilemma with visit me at the end 2016, but one thing at a time and I'll paint that bridge once I reach the river.

In the meantime, I have reasonably set my resolutions for this year at only 3:
1-Enjoy every moment with my young ones (so, so cliché. I do love a good cliché)
2-Paint, paint, and paint again.

And most importantly:
3-Weekly entry on the blog, Facebook and webpage! It's all under control, I have it written down in my diary (not this one, well yea this one but also my other diary (very well chosen Christmas present), the one I consult and follow everyday. almost.

À bientôt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment