Sunday 1 March 2015

NEW TITLE, NEW CONTENT! What's this all about anyway...

First things first, if it's the first time you stumble on my blog, let me just briefly introduce myself, save you a bit of trouble to search the archives if you're interested!

My name is Jessica Baron, originally from Québec in Canada and now settled in Ballydesmond, West of Ireland for nearly 10 years. I am a painter, or at least a wannabe painter.

And that's really all you need to know about me for now.

I have been wanting to be a painter for the guts of the last 10 years or more, and in the scheme of things, haven't got very far YET.
And that's the whole point of this blog, in which I will share my bumpy road to becoming an artist so far. If you're in a similar quest, I will hopefully somehow offer a few tips, share the traps I fell into in the hope you won't get caught yourself. I will express all the frustrations that pop-up now and again, and the delights that come with the successes, however small and trivial. And who knows, I may someday have to change this title again, when I can call myself a full time artist and drop the "wanna be"!!

So that's what this whole change of direction is all about. I already have a facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/jessicabaronartist)
and a website (http://www.jessicabaronartist.com to take care of all promotional stuff, so I can't see the point in having a third page for the same purpose. And there is still a bit of a selfish reason to it: I believe that looking back on how you got where you are can be of great support in looking ahead at where you want to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment